Lanyards are a convenient contraption. They secure your item and keep it in place and at a convenient distance to use whenever, without having to fish around in your bag or pockets. Some other reasons to use a retractable lanyard include:
- It is easy to attach to your lanyard whenever you want. Instead of getting a new lanyard, you can recycle an old one and attach the retractable. It goes on and off with ease.
- It is versatile and can be worn to suit your specific needs. Even if you do not want to wear your lanyard around the neck, then you can detach the retractable from the lanyard and then wear attach it somewhere else. You can attach it your bag or your pocket if you feel like it.
- It can also be easily detached and replaced with another attachment or accessory such as a card holder, simple safety clip, reel or even a USB.
- Keeps your lanyard in place and does not twist it like a normal cord or reel would. It keeps the lanyard secure, you do not have to undergo the hassle of messy wires and it displays your ID badge or card.
- The retractable allows you to move and extend your card or ID badge if you have to have it on display or swipe it for exit or entry. It also rolls back in place easily.
A retractable is primarily used to display and secure any type of card in particular an identification card. For this purpose, they are mostly attached to personalised lanyards.